About the Course
This course provides an introduction to the key principles and objectives related to the Materials and Planning functions in a modern organization. It addresses the operational aspects of material and resource planning. In addition the student is given an exposure to the related business functions in Supply Chain Management including inventory, purchasing, warehousing and logistics
- SCM Concepts
- Specifications and Standards
- Demand Planning and Sales
- Supply Planning
- Purchasing, Logistics and Warehousing
- IT tools for Supply Management
40 hours. Self-paced. It is recommended that students spend on an average 2-3 hours per week and complete the course in 16 weeks.
Who Should Take this Course?
- Pre-final and final year students who wish to make a career in purchasing/supply chain
- Entry level purchase and supply chain professionals who wish to build a strong foundation of key concepts and their application in purchase management
- Professionals of other functions such as Finance and Marketing who need to understand the important aspects of purchasing
Why this course?
The IIMM Foundation course in Supply Management will help students build a career in a dynamic and expanding field. With opportunities in industries such as manufacturing, retail, pharmaceuticals, logistics and BPO, this course will assist participants in shaping a new career. With the continued expansion of industries in the Indian economy, well-trained and professional qualified people in the field of Supply Chain Management will have significant employment opportunities.
Registered candidates may request for a detailed list of topics that will be covered in this course
- Diploma or a degree in any discipline
- Final year students may also enroll in this course
- Classroom lectures delivered via recorded video sessions
- Elearning study material and explanatory notes
- Business games, case studies and assessments
- Certification test to be taken in person at select IIMM branches or IIMM specified test centres
- PC / Mac with multi-media capabilities
- Broadband connection of at least 2 MBPS
- Compatible with major browsers, works best with Firefox, Chrome and Safari
This course is part of the Materials Stream